Light Lipo Frequently Asked Questions
- Q) How many sessions will you need?
- Q) How much are the sessions?
- Q) Are there contraindications (health conditions that prohibit) Light Lipo Services?
- Q) How long do the sessions take?
- Q) What happens if I’m late for my appointment?
- Q) What should you wear when coming in for sessions?
- Q) Should I eat before or after sessions?
- Q) Can I receive sessions while on my cycle?
- Q) Will I lose weight as well as inches during the sessions?
- Q) Do the sessions hurt?
- Q) What can I do to optimize my results?
- Q) Do I have to diet and or exercise?
- Q) What is Fat Mind Mastery?
- Q) What are the after care instructions?
- Q) Are you certified to offer Light Lipo?
- Q) What areas can be treated with Light Lipo?
- Q) What if I have a tattoo?
- Q) Can I use an expired voucher?
- Q) What studies have been done on the benefits of Light Lipo?
Q) How many sessions will you need?
A) Everyone is different due to body shapes, percentage of body fat, health conditions, physical activity and the like… so, we recommend a preliminary consultation to assess your particular needs. However, as a rule of thumb the average number of sessions is 3 sessions per week for 3 to 6 weeks – targeting just one area (thighs, tummy…).
Q) How much are the sessions?
A) The price of a single session is: $249.00 – we offer packages and frequently run specials and promotions. Please join our newsletter to be kept informed of these and other special offers.
Q) Are there contraindications (health conditions that prohibit) Light Lipo Services?
A) Yes. Here’s the list of contraindicated conditions:
- You must be over 18 to receive sessions.
- You cannot be pregnant or nursing to receive sessions.
- If you have chronic or recurrent kidney conditions such as kidney stones, frequent UTI’s or have ever had blood in your urine, as well as other kidney diseases, you cannot receive sessions.
- If you have liver disease, fatty liver or other liver conditions you cannot receive sessions.
- If you have heart disease or cancer you cannot receive sessions.
- If you have metal or electrical implants you cannot receive sessions.
- If you are prone to keloid scarring you cannot receive sessions.
- If you are photosensitive or are taking medications that make you photosensitive you cannot receive sessions.
- If you have had an organ transplant you cannot receive sessions.
- Diabetics and those with Thyroid conditions must have prior approval for sessions from their MD.
- Additionally, those in poor overall health, should not receive sessions.
Light Lipo sessions have never been linked to health problems in healthy individuals.
Q) How long do the sessions take?
A) You should plan for an hour for your first visit. Subsequent sessions take approximately 30 minutes.
Q) What happens if I’m late for my appointment?
A) Your session will be fortified if you are late. We run on a tight schedule due to the popularity of our service and cannot accommodate tardiness. You can reinstate a fortified session by paying a reinstatement fee of $50, and rescheduling when an opening is available. Note, this may put your sessions out of sequence which will cancel your satisfaction guarantee.
Q) What should you wear when coming in for sessions?
A) Street clothes are fine. However we recommend that you come prepared for the 10 minutes of whole body vibration exercise – by wearing flat shoes, socks or are willing to exercise without shoes. Please shower before sessions so that you are clean when you arrive.
Q) Should I eat before or after sessions?
A) No, you should not eat one hour before sessions and for 2 hours after each session.
Q) Can I receive sessions while on my cycle?
A) We do not recommend sessions while menstruating, especially on the abdomen areas.
Q) Will I lose weight as well as inches during the sessions?
A) Most people lose more inches than actual weight.
Q) Do the sessions hurt?
A) There is no pain or downtime with Light Lipo Sessions. You can return to work, go out for the evening… resuming normal activity immediately after each session.
Q) What can I do to optimize my results?
A) To optimize your results follow our 10x diet guidelines, keep a food journal, exercise at lease 3 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes, drink lemon water. Additionally, taking Fat Mind Mastery sessions, taking a cleanse, detoxing and leptin boosting supplements will help you turn your internal lean machine back on.
Q) Do I have to diet and or exercise?
A) No, but it helps. If you want the best results we strongly suggest that you diet and exercise.
Q) What is Fat Mind Mastery?
A) Fat Mind Mastery is a system that reprograms the subconscious mind to eliminate negative programing around food, body image, and self esteem. Our system uses Zen Frames Self Mastery Technology (SMT) – the world leaders in self mastery re-education.
Studies show (as featured on the cover of People Magazine) that clients using SMT lost weight (some over 100 pounds) and kept it off for more than 5 years (the gold standard of weight loss).
Q) Are you certified to offer Light Lipo?
A) Yes, we are fully certified to offer and provide Light Lipo services.
Q) What are the after care instructions?
A) Here’s our recommendations for after care:
- Get 30 minutes of exercise after each session
- Detox with Ion Foot Bath’s at least 1x per week with your sessions
- Drink nothing but water or lemon/citrus water during your treatment program.
- Avoid coffee, tea, soda, alcohol, salt, sugar, dehydrating and artificial ingredients as much as possible during your sessions.
- Wear a stretchy (mildly compression) garment over the treatment areas to help mobilize the fluids.
- Get a lymphatic massage as often as possible during your sessions
- Keep a food journal to assist you in staying on track
- Track your progress
- Celebrate your successes with a fun activity – that does not include eating or imbibing.
- Report any adverse reactions as soon as possible.
Q) What areas can be treated with Light Lipo?
A) Most areas can be treated. We cannot directly reduce breast size in women with Light Lipo, but can work with men on their chests.
Q) What if I have a tattoo?
A) Tattoo’s can be a problem because they absorb light. When this happens the skin can get too hot, or the area my bleed slightly. For those reasons, we cannot use the light pads on areas with tattoos. If you have a tattoo in an area where you want to spot reduce please show the tattoo to the practitioner. We will try to work around it. If the area is large, we may not be able to offer you reduction in that spot.
Q) Can I use an expired voucher?
A) You can pay a reinstatement fee of $50 to reactivate your voucher for 90 days.
Q) What studies have been done on the benefits of Light Lipo?
A) These published studies on Light Lipo technologies:
- Effects of Low-level Laser Therapy in Subcutaneous Fat Reduction and Improvement in Body Contour – Vinod Podichetty MD, Daniel Bourassa, DC, Presented at ASLMS 30th Annual Conference Phoenix, Arizona, April 14-18, 2010
- 311 Person Study Conclusion:
While there is a high demand for body shaping procedures, effective non-invasive body contouring alternatives for
non-surgical candidates are very few.
- Cosmetic surgery patients are reluctant to undergo procedures that require general anesthesia and pose a multitude of potentially serious risks and complications with a possibility of several
weeks of recovery time.
- Low level laser therapy appears to be safe and an efficacious method for reducing subcutaneous fat in the abdominal and torso areas where undesired fat is present.
- 311 Person Study Conclusion:
- Mechanistic Studies for Local Fat Reduction
Caruso-Davis M, Guillot T, Yu Y, Mashtalir N, Bissoon L, Dhurandhar N, Greenway F Published in Obesity Journal 16(suppl. 1):S161, 2008.
Presented at NAASO Annual Scientific Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona. October 3!7, 2008.
- LL (Light Lipo / Laser Lipo) opens pores in fat cells and allows egress of the triglycerides contained within them.
- LL open pores in the fat cells by a non-complement dependent mechanism, but does decrease fat cell metabolism without affecting the viability of the fat cells.
- The Efficacy of the Lapex 2000 Lipo Laser in Body Contouring and Fat Reduction Caruso-Davis M, Guillot T, Yu Y, Bissoon L, Greenway F
Published in Obesity Journal 15:A99, 2007, 2007
Presented at NAASO Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA. October 20!24, 2007.
The Lipo Laser gives significant girth loss that is maintained over repeated treatments and is cumulative over 4 weeks of 8 treatments.
- This girth loss of approximately one inch from the waist was accompanied by a clinically and statistically significant improvement in appearance.